Tuesday, August 14, 2007

What would you name it?

Wow! Full log home centered on a beautiful ten acre parcel only 5 minutes from Public Beach with low maintenance landscaping (some lawn, lots of dune grass). Full length covered porch overlooks pond. A public boat launch is just a couple miles away and there are bike paths that go for miles and miles. -- Park, and 2 other newer parks are very close for cross country skiing and hiking too. You really must see this remarkable property. This home would cost over $1 million to duplicate. Super energy efficient. High speed internet dish just installed. Exterior logs were just stained. Walkout lower level is finished and has extra storage and a workshop as well. You'll love the back sunroom off the dining area that can be turned into a screened porch overlooking the wooded back yard. There's a large back deck with hot tub off the master suite and many French doors for ample light.

9 comments:

heather said...

this is a real home, or did you make it up? it sounds way too good to be true!

oh - and i'm not into naming things. i guess for me, it takes the life out of them - i want things and places that change with me and are organic and living. a name sets them into a place forever for me. no name, then. i would just enjoy it.

Cheeky said...

intruguing...

amelia said...

Hmm...if this is in Michigan I would call it Dreamy Summer Vacation Home! (ok, so I'm delusional from the horrible heat and just want out!)

brooke sellers said...

WOW! It's beautiful. When do you move in and when are you having the housewarming party?!

Cheeky said...

My mom has always named the homes she has lived in. We've had "Summerdale", "Fairhaven","Thorncroft" (aka "Mountainview" or "The Outhouse"), "Windemere" (aka Hoffman Manor, the West Wing, or the Hoffmansion), and this one is potentially "Rambling Pines".

Unknown said...

So wait - WHO'S place is that?

Cheeky said...

When they close on Oct 8, it'll belong to my parents. Dan and I are caretaking while they are residing in Oklahoma.

Jean said...

It looks like solitude to me. Refreshing and relaxing. Time standing still. Not sure what I'd name it though...

Cheeky said...

Jean--you are exactly right. I can't wait to someday go there armed with a book and some hot chocolate and spend a night reading with the sound of silence buzzing in my ears.