Friday, January 25, 2008

Friday night

It's Friday night. 7:45pm. We have all 3 kids in bed. Not asleep yet, but in bed. Here's our convo: (I never use the word convo to mean conversation, but my friend H does, and it cracks me up)
J: Is the library still open?
D: No, it closes at 5 on Fridays
J: Poor planning, no movie to watch
D: Lah-dee-da...dum--dee-dum...
J: You have gift cards--you should go shopping
D: I wanted to go shopping earlier, but I knew the kids were beyond it
J: You are allowed to have alone time
D: I have alone time all day at work--you need alone time
J: Hey, if you will enjoy yourself and have fun, go do it
D: I'll probably come back without anything. I don't understand why I'm so picky lately--I never want to buy anything
J: It's because we realize the value of our money--we don't spend it on just any old crap because we feel like spending. It's all Dave Ramsey's fault
D: laugh--yeah. It's true though
J: GO. Have fun. I'll read a book and chill out or something
fade

2 comments:

heather said...

the suspense is killing me! what HAPPENED? new clothes? good books? snuggles and an old movie? i just can't take it. i'll be looking for the sequel

Cheeky said...

I never thought about a sequel. It's not that exciting. I finished reading Amy Grant's "Mosaic: Pieces of my life thus far". Dan bought 4 pairs of socks and a JBL iPod dock. I think that's it. Sorry it's so anti-climatic, but sequels usually are.