Friday, September 21, 2007

Movies I've watched recently

Dan's been working a lot lately...a LOT...



The Painted Veil: One of the most poignant portrayals of love and human nature I have seen captured on film.














The Hours: There is beyond amazing acting in this soul-quaking, line-crossing, life-depicting film.
















The Life and Death of Peter Sellers: This depiction of his life was so bizarre it HAD to be true--no one could make that kind of stuff up. Geoffrey Rush is surreal.















Cellular: Unfortunately, I lost signal after only 25 minutes and had to "hang up" on this one. (Alt- "You lost me at hello"--eh?) Kim B--what are you doing?















Because I Said So: A lot over the top, but I just really like Diane Keaton as an actress. Mandy just isn't my kind of candy.
















White Oleander: Riveting, hauntingly dark, revealing, mind-bending, heart-rending. Michelle P is beautifully wicked while Allison L knocked my shoes, socks, and toenails off with her performance.














The Prestige:
Oh, I was watching closely. How can you not? Fantastic.

2 comments:

Sarah @ sarahquilts.com said...

I justed added "The Painted Veil" and "White Oleander" to my Netflix queue!

I recently enjoyed "Gideon's Daughter." It's a little slow at first, but I found it really moving. I also recently finished the 4th and final season of Felicity. I cried almost as hard as I did reading the last Harry Potter book. :)

Cheeky said...

Sarah--had Liam been a girl his name would have been Felicity--not after the American Girl but after the show--never even thought about watching the seasons...great idea!

I keep seeing "Gideon's Daughter" on the library shelf but have been hesitant to nab it. I'll give it a good look next time I'm there.