Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Creative entrepreneurialism for a good cause



I have purchased a table at the West Michigan Mom's sale(which is like a giant, winter, indoor garage sale) so that I can sell extra clothes, toys, and whatever else I find in the basement, kids' rooms etc. My goal is lofty. I've heard that other sellers have made up to $800 at these sales before. I have my hopes set on making $1,000.

I KNOW we don't have enough stuff to sell to reach that goal on our own, but I'm hoping you and I might be able to mutually help each other out without you having to dig into your wallet or crack your checkbook.

If you have gently used baby/children’s clothing (up to size 8), toys, baby gear, baby/toddler furniture, and maternity items that you are no longer using that are just sitting in boxes and bags taking up space in your home, I would be happy to take them off your hands and add them to my sale items.

If you would like to make or purchase items to donate to this sale, even better. I will take anything. I will even pick up items if you are local.


Thank you for helping us make it possible to handle some unexpected expenses without going into debt. Thanks in advance for the trash bags full of clothes, cardboard boxes of toys and games you will give, and especially for the lovingly-made items I know some of you are capable of making that will bring in good $ at this sale.

The sale takes place Saturday, March 28 at 9am at the DeltaPlex Arena, so I will need anything you are donating by Saturday, March 21 so I can sort and price items.

Thank you so much for your generosity and supporting us in this really exciting journey.

You can e-mail me at jennascott77@gmail.com for our address to drop-off or send donations to.

~Jenna

No comments: