Thursday, January 22, 2009

Today was a good day

Today was a good day. For like a gazillion reasons.

I got to work at a car seat check. It's awesome to be in a fire station, to just walk in and somehow "belong" there. To work with other volunteers from all vocations from hospital and social workers to police and fire department volunteers. I sported an Ada Bible Church T-shirt since everyone else wears a T-shirt advertising their workplace. I hope I did Jesus and ABC proud today. I love helping people, making kids safe, making them laugh, holding little kids while parents and caregivers learn something new. I try to send love and good vibes to each person I come into contact with, because most of the people who stop in probably don't get a whole lot of either.

Our dishwasher got fixed today thanks to a service-based social network site our church has set up called, "The Common". Not having to pay out our ear for a plumber's services is a HUGE thank you Lord. We've been hand-washing dishes for about 6 months now, so having the dishwasher back is just a gift. (We do, however, need to get a water softener. Research forthcoming...)

We found out that we moved up 2 slots on the waiting list for our adoption. We are now officially # 5.

I got my first bag of clothes and shoes donated for the Michigan Moms sale today. So excited! I've had a good handful of friends and acquaintances happily express their willingness to share a bag of clothes or goods, make some brand-new stuff that we can add to the sale, donate proceeds from a home-show, or use contacts to request items from artisans that can give goods we can sell. I love it.

Dan made dinner tonight and it was fabulous. Pot roast and the best ever blueberry muffins. I ate 3 muffins. Oh, so good. I am so thankful for him having a flexible schedule that allows me to do the car seat safety thing.

We're planning to cook and take dinner to my brother and sister-in-law's apartment tomorrow night. A totally fun and free night out. My kids cannot wait to see "an apartment" and eat dinner and Uncle G and Aunt Kara's house.

There's more, but I've got to wind down. I need more days like today. They just bolster my spirit.

Thursday night TV will be on shortly. What a TREAT!

1 comment:

amelia said...

That sounds like a most wonderful day! Hope you get many more like that!