Saturday, March 31, 2007

There are still good people in the world

I posted this on Freecycle last week:
Wanted--breadmaker and crock pot. I cook and serve dinner for 14 members of our church worship teamevery Thursday before they rehearse. A breadmaker and crock pot would really help me out. If you have one just gathering dust, I would put it to good use. Thanks for your generosity. I live in Cascade area.
~Jenna
From Freecycler Barb:
Jenna, I have a bread maker that you can have. I can send it with a friend to pick up at her office in your area if you are interested.

From me:
I am so incredibly grateful for your willingness to give us your breadmaker and for thinking to send it to work with your friend--thank you so much! Just let me know when and where to pick it up and I will be there.

From Freecycler Barb:
I hope this is close enough for you to pick up. Here is the address, phone and contact of my friend. She will have the bread maker in her car tomorrow.

I will throw in the recipe books to help you out. I find it is faster to make a batch of 6 at a time and throw them in the freezer. If you want my "scratch recipe" email me back. Enjoy.

From me:
This is perfect--I can swing by after I drop my son off at pre-school today. I'll call Jamie when I'm on my way.Thank you for the cookbooks! I DEFINITELY want your scratch recipe if you're willing to share--personal recipes are always best when they're tried and true.

Freecyclers just blow me away with their generosity. Whenever we've listed items the most gracious people have come to pick them up. And the very few times I've posted a "wanted" item there's always been someone willing and able to freecycle the item I need--thank you again for being that person!

From Freecycler Barb:
Jenna, I agree about freecycle. I just arranged to pick up pond plants and kooi fish….all free! Do you realize what a savings this is to me? Not to mention how much I will enjoy them. I am thrilled. Now I need to post to see if I can find a food dehydrater. I know someone posted for one already but it was larger than I wanted. Also would really use an embroidery machine, but that’s a real stretch! Good to meet you, contact me any time you think you need a recipe!

No comments: