Monday, April 23, 2007

My digits

I went to a "real" doctor for the first time in about 5 years.

A few weeks after my appointment and blood work, I got a note in the mail.

"Cholesterol Level:
Triglycerides: III
HDL: 43
LDL: 148
Total: 213

Dear Jennifer,

Your labwork is all good except that your cholesterol is borderline high--likely due to genetics! I recommend trying to get some aerobic exercise 30 minutes 3x a week and cutting down fat in your diet. We should recheck next year and keep a close eye on it. Sincerely, Dr. HB"

Well, let's see. Except for the occasional pat of butter or chocolate bender, there really isn't a whole lot of fat in my diet.

I really think that chasing a 1, 2, & 3 year old around every single day puts me in the "aerobic activity for 30 min or more" like 7x per week.

Plus, does checking your bloodwork once/year count as "keeping a close eye" on something?

Anyway, I think I'll go gnaw on a carrot while doing sit ups and folding laundry after I'm done doing jumping jacks while changing a diaper and drinking 30 oz of water.

No comments: