Thursday, April 19, 2007

Pot Pourri

  • For the first time in years, I love putting on pants. Any pants. Doesn't matter what pants I choose, they FIT!

  • A phone call I swore to Dan didn't upset me did cause me to eat an entire 1/2 lb slice of Kilwin's fudge. This is what Heather calls "emotional eating". I did it. I knew I did it. I chose to do it rather than wade through the emotions because I didn't have the time or space to muck it out, so I ate. Man, that was good fudge.

  • I think I have way too many things on my plate. That is a good thing and a bad thing. Dan and the kids suffer when I'm so busy, but I thrive and feel more "me" and alive when I have things to do. It's a tricky balance I am trying to establish and maintain.

  • I didn't buy a bagel the other day because I didn't have any "blow money" left and didn't want to have to erase and rewrite the entire month's budget for a $1.79 purchase. It's working!

  • There's a lot on my heart and mind these days, I feel like I'm walking around with 17 different radio stations blaring at various decibel levels inside my head all at the same time. If you say something to me and I don't hear you or look kinda lost, forgive me and write it down for me.

  • I cannot wait for dinner tonight. I think these stuffed pork chops are my "signature dish"--an adaptation of my mom's recipe (because I most often cook by sight, smell, and taste rather than being bound by the confines of a recipe)--family favorites taste better because of the nostalgia they release in your brain.

  • I think it's getting nice enough out to put the Jeep up for sale. Gulp. It's gotta be done.

  • My brother asked me for a birthday suggestion for his "special friend". For one of the first times in my life, when asked for advice, I found myself completely flummoxed. How to put myself into the mindset of a 24 year old, single and newly-dating girl has me totally short-circuited-- I can't even make up something. Huh?

  • After my shower today, I was brushing my hair and wondering--"is it toxic for me to wear a flea collar in Africa? Am I going to come home with a head full of bugs and have to cut off all my hair"? Then I thought--"how vain? Who cares about hair when there are 900 kids whose parents didn't want them--if you have to shave your head because you were hugging kids who desperately need some love, attention, and parental affection, then you know you did a good job". This trip is rocking my world and I haven't even gone on it yet--yikes.

  • I have a sore throat. I hate getting sick. I always try to mentally expel sickness from my body, but at not willing to be mentally tough enough to force litres of water down my throat.

  • Enough posting for now. It's a sunny beautiful day outside and I need some vitamin D.

No comments: