Wednesday, February 07, 2007

And the Oscar goes to........ME!

Dan's cousin Kristen works on the Montel Williams show in NYC. One show hosted a baby shower. Each guest got a gift bag filled with amazing products. Kristen snagged four gift bags and gave one to me. One thing inside the enormous gift bag was an O Yikes! diaper bag. This diaper bag costs $145 and was given out to all the nominees of the 2006 Oscar awards.

After only 3 months of gentle but much use, the strap started separating from my bag. I e-mailed the company and got a personal e-mail from the president, Lisa Yap--including her personal cell phone number as she was out of the office promoting her new line that will be coming out in a few weeks.

She apologized for the defect, asked me to mail the bag back and inform her how much the shipping cost so that she could reimburse me. I sent the bag back on Saturday with a handwritten note on some funky, hip paper about how much I really loved my bag, especially b/c it gives me two free hands to deal with three little ones. When she received my bag on Tuesday, she sent me this e-mail:

Hello Jenna,
We just got your bag and have sent you a replacement. I hope being without your bag hasn't been too inconvenient.
I sent the package via UPS Ground - your tracking number is:
xxxxxxxxxxxxx69036
Please contact me if you have any questions,
Lisa

This is the kind of customer service you receive when you own a $145 diaper bag. Wow.

1 comment:

heather said...

i love it! personal service - for a diaper bag!! so great. i love lisa already.