Tuesday, May 15, 2007

bombs away

I've been and am in the midst of reading a lot of heavy, heady, meaty, weighty, deep, and researhalogical type books recently and needed a "light read". Dan was making suggestions and said "try this one, she drops the F-bomb". Well, that caught my attention. A CHRISTIAN book with the F-bomb in it? I was intrigued.

I only made it a few pages before I fainted into a hibernation-like deep sleep, but so far she's a very entertaining writer...and I haven't gotten to the F-bomb(s) yet.

5 comments:

heather said...

and i just caught dan in a lie - that book is NOT light reading - F-word or not! but i'm glad you're reading it. it's a good book. she's one of my favorite writers.

Anonymous said...

Heather - it's deep reading without being deep reading. Anne is brilliant and can craft a story like not many other's can. I enjoyed it as much as I took truth away from it. That's why to me, it's "light" reading.

But anyway, I'm glad, Jenna, that you're reading it. I think you will enjoy it as well.

heather said...

okay, dan - i'll give you that. she makes you think without having to re-read the same sentence a few times in order to get it.

looking forward to hearing what you think, Jenna.

Oh - and you should definitely pick up "Omnivore's Dilemma" (or borrow mine when I'm done) - it's a really good read!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheeky said...

I'm about halfway through--reading her writing is like a perfectly tepid mug of hot chocolate--it is so smooth and just the right temperature that you can just gulp it down quickly while getting the full silky chocolate effect as its going down.

Compared to my other current reading, this one is indeed "light". I applaud her authenticity, I like real writers.