Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Road Trip

In less than a week, we leave for a road trip. I'm freaking out already.












The noise, frustration, and over stimulation really gets to me and sometimes I feel guilty, like we're torturing our kids. Strapping them into seats for hours on end.

But, since we and the kids are getting more and more comfortable road tripping, we've figured out fun things that we can all do to make the time pass more quickly, alleviate driver and passenger frustration, and make the journey as much or more fun than the destination.

We are, however, not fully equipped for the funness of the ride. So I'm blatantly asking for my local readers to loan us any of the things on this list you might have and be willing to let us use on a road trip.

  • Cigarette lighter outlet chord (1)
  • Rechargeable AA batteries--lots of 'em. We have a charger and 2 batteries, but need more batteries
  • Portable DVD player--it'd be nice not to take Dan's laptop
  • Little Touch Leap Pad w/ books and cartridges
  • My First Leap Pad books and cartridges
  • Etch-a-sketches (2)
  • Magna Doodle, size large (1)
  • Mini fridge
  • Hand held video games--kiddie appropriate
  • Lap pads (2) for coloring, snacks, reading
  • Seat massager for driver (& passenger)
  • Anything else that would be fun for kids for a car ride!

Thanks in advance for adding to our sanity and safety racking up lots of miles (and spending lots of $$$ on gas--ugh!)

8 comments:

heather said...

i got nuthin' on that list! let me think, though, what i can donate, i'm sure i have SOMETHING...

Cheeky said...

You don't have car seat cover/massagers? Come ON.....

amelia said...

Bummer that I'm not local. I could help you out with quite a few of those!

Cheeky said...

So far, we've gotten an AC/DC adapter, and 80 AA batteries! Come on car seat massagers....car seat massagers...

Unknown said...

Yeah, I'm no good either. How's about I send yous guys some good wishes?!

Cheeky said...

OK, one of our CD walkmen fell through--anyone have one they can load for a week?

Cheeky said...

loan...sorry!

brooke sellers said...

I have a CD Walkman you could borrow... but when do you leave? I'm leaving for chicago TODAY (in a couple hours)...