Thursday, September 11, 2008

melange

I'm wearing a fully, twirly, girly skirt today. The girls were wearing skirts or dresses (anyone surprised) and asked me if I could dress pretty today too. I guess knee-hole jeans and free T-shirts from church aren't that pretty, huh? Liam asked me why I was all dressed fancy--I think he was afraid the week imploded and it was church day again already.

Speaking of Liam, he's home today with a cough, runny nose, and lots of snorking noises. I had the attendance line programmed into my phone and just pressed a button, left a message, and he gets what he likes to call, "a day off". We went to the library and got Scooby Doo & Batman for him to watch during naptime. Otherwise he'll just ride his bike, scooter, and play all afternoon when the whole reason for staying home was to rest...and NOT share germs with the rest of the K-garten class.

Addi is potty training. After 2 little dribble accidents the first 2 days, she has stayed dry. We just need to get her to do the "other" business on the toilet, then I think we'll be good to go. I'm not quite ready to free her from the beautiful confines of her crib just yet. So I'll still do diapers overnight 'til I'm ready for that next plateau.

The e-vites for a friend's baby shower just went out and it got me very excited. I have some work to do to fulfill my shower responsibilities, but let me just say they are some of my favorite things in the whole world that I get to do for her.

I enjoyed chatting with all 3 brothers within the span of the same week--that is unheard of.

I'm trying to watch calories. I was reading the back of a cereal box extolling the virtues of healthy eating and how many calories a person should/should not consume in a day and was just curious as to where I stand in those numbers. So far I've consumed 600 calories today between breakfast and lunch. No cocoa laden coffee or snacks for me thus far today. But not enough water, either. ugh. That'll be the next thing I start tracking and working on improving.

I'm almost done with the "fun" book I'm reading and I think I'll jump into my 2 required adoption books next. Like a pool on a chilly morning, I'll just squinch up my muscles, hold my breath, and get it over with.

Dan and I have been watching season 1 of "Scrubs" after we get the kids to bed and before we go to bed. I think we both have this dire need for being together and soaking in some easy funnies without having to exert any energy and a way to wind down after some grueling days adjusting to the new schedule of the schoolyear--be it for church or home-life.

'at's it for now, folks.

1 comment:

Jean said...

that's exactly what I'm wearing today. Hole-y jean's and a church t-shirt. The most comfy clothes ever...especially to do laundry and clean in. The only two things I'm doing today aside from playing.

yay for potty training and showers! :)