Tuesday, September 02, 2008

A mommy's blessing

low liam 3 by you.
Liam

Coming into our lives a *ahem* little before we had planned or expected, but changing them in a way we could have never imagined.

The most active baby I've ever had in my belly. Not happy until you were mobile. Once you learned to walk and run you've never stopped.

Your insatiable appetite for learning mirrors both your dad's and mine so much I don't know whether to burst with pride or worry. But, it helps me know that you'll love school--at least the learning part.

It was adorable how you were so focused on walking up the sidewalk to the K-garten door that you almost left your backpack in the van today. I'd rather have you so independent and confident albeit a tiny bit forgetful rather than...well...clingy.

Promising us to try to remember every single thing so you can tell us about it rather than being tight-lipped and private, I hope you always want to share your life and experiences with us.

The dough for tonight's requested meal of pepperoni pizza is in the breadmaker, and the applesauce is in the fridge. I hope your day is going great and that you get to try out the zip-line, that the locker didn't stick or pinch your fingers, that you meet and like Danny (and that he's a 'good' kid too), and that your ride home on the bus is everything you dreamed it would be.

I haven't shed a tear. I'm so happy for you. I wish I could go with you. I loved school. I pray that you will soak it up like a sponge, and either be totally oblivious to the "bad stuff" like kids being mean to each other, unkind words, or whatever else could go wrong, or that you're able to handle it well. I hope we've done a good job with you at home these first 5 years to prepare you for this and all the other exciting life experiences looming just on the horizon for you.

I'm praying so many things for you, Bugaboo. My heart is full. So much love to you always, my firstborn son.

Happy first day of K-garten Liam. Now, I'm off for some "me" time...!

No comments: