Sunday, September 14, 2008

Transitioning

These past weeks couldn't have gone better if I had planned them myself. Here's a little re-cap.

Week 1: Liam starts Kindergarten.

Week 2: Liam is starting to get his K-garten schedule down and we add in Elli starting preschool 3 afternoons/week.

This is week 3. This week we will add MY activities to the calendar. I'll be doing a women's bible study on Monday nights. Every Monday night. That means homework every week that needs to be done for each Monday study. That is pretty intense going from nothing to a weekly something.

I'll also be attending MOPS two Thursday mornings a month.

The Bible study and MOPS will be times for me to "receive". The study for me to receive instruction on how to get back into studying the Word and disciplining myself for God & me time. To receive encouragement and challenge from other women and maybe even practice my pastoral abilities with others.

The MOPS for me to drop my kids off in classes I know they enjoy while I fellowship with other moms in my age-and-stage of life while receiving encouragement from mentor moms. This is my second go at joining a MOPS colony, I hope my attempt to enter will be a lot less rocky than last time.

DV:FX starts up soon, and we have dates on the calendar for all sorts of school/preschool activities. So much for trying to keep our calendar open and empty so that we'll be ready for a trip to Africa and some concentrated family time, but that's our life.

So, things are about to get busy here. I'm looking forward to a fuller calendar. But not being overly busy to the point where we're stressed out. And I'm thinking my 'extra' time to write will be pretty limited.

Also, my computer has flatlined once. Dan somehow toggled it back to life, but I know that...along with the electrical-taped power cord and various other signs of aging and eminent death are showing themselves more and more frequently. Today's 6 hour flatline was not at all a sweet taste of what is to come.

I'm resigning myself to the fact that I will be without a computer in the near future and have to be OK with that. It sounds out of the question, painful, unheard-of and unnecessary. But when I think that our son is over in Ethiopia very likey going without meals, I think that going without a computer for a season is a very small and worthy price to pay.

No comments: