Tuesday, December 19, 2006

rant and rave

I was going to post a mega Scrooge-fest of a list of horrible things in my day today, but then realized that I also need to balance out my bitching with at least an attempt to find the bright side of life. So, for every bad thing I list, I need to list a good thing as well. That way you don't all think I'm a hyper-critical, negatory, cynical, complaining-all-the-time, Debbie Downer.
RANT
  • I'm sick of the smell of sick
  • My kids are whining incessantly
  • There is diahrreah on the carpet
  • I stayed awake all night thinking I was hearing a child getting sick
  • If I have to give one more bath I think I'm going to scream
  • My hands are constantly wet and I HATE being wet
  • Liam's been sick and can't go to school today
  • I don't have any patience today
  • I have a list that just keeps getting bigger and bigger and it's frustrating
  • Elli & Addi wake each other up, so no one is rested and all are cranky
  • Ugly free recliner needs to be steam cleaned & moved out of garage
  • We're being responsible and paying off the deck with Christmas money
  • I'm being plagued with discontented thoughts right now and not sure why
  • I'm stressing about money (that's pretty much all the time)
  • We still have leaves in our backyard from fall cleanup we didn't finish
RAVE

  • My parents bought us a fantastic heavy duty washing machine that is handling all the sick
  • Elmo is singing songs about potties on the TV
  • I own a steam cleaner--it's being put to use
  • The sun is out today-AGAIN
  • My kids enjoy bathing and bubbles
  • I will be getting a massage at PPD group tonight
  • There is less than a week 'til Christmas
  • Dan and I haven't gotten sick…yet
  • Our needs are more than met
  • We got an ugly but FREE recliner on freecycle
  • Our windshield deductible was $50 less than we expected
  • Our families have been extremely generous to us at Christmas
  • I'm going to be with my family soon
  • My husband thinks our kids are great
  • I've lost 5 pounds
You know that sour feeling you have in your stomach before you get sick. That's kinda what I had before making this list. I just had to get it all out so I could feel better and get on with life. Sorry you had to field my spew.

1 comment:

heather said...

thanks for the rant. and thanks for leaving me with the rave.

sorry your kids are sick!

hope you feel better after that verbal spew. :)