Friday, January 26, 2007

90 percent or more for less

I've been falling into some amazing deals lately. I don't say this to pat myself on the back for finding them because I don't go searching them out. Well...I guess I do search pretty hard to find 'em so that we can stretch our dollars. I see all of these as huge thank you Lord finds-- especially as we just redid our budget and were amazed at how little is "left over" after our regular expenses each month.

Target--purses for $3 to tuck away for Christmas presents next year. Stretchy gloves 18 cents.

Meijer--Hair accessories marked 90% off plus an additional 50% off clearance prices, so I was getting $4 items for 20 cents or less. Again--Christmas presents for next year.

Macy's-- over $1,000 worth of Calphalon pots and pans for $118. I'm so high on pot(s) right now it isn't even funny.

D&W--Chocolate Mint Truffle creamer 55 cents, whole roasting chickens $1.94.

Library videos, DVD's & music are now free--that'll save us a lot of money in the "entertainment" category of our budget. Now if we can just win one of the Winter Reading Contest drawings for a gift certificate to a restaurant, I'd be thrilled, but that bargain is out of my hands.

4 comments:

anne said...

I found a ton of stuff Thursday night too!

Thanks for the tip!

Jean said...

Yay for new pots and pans!!
Have you tried every single one of them out? :)

Cheeky said...

Anne--I'm glad you could find da stuff--love love love the bargains and anyone else who can take advantage of them as well! You'll have to let me know how the freezing/thawing of the CoffeeMates works out.

Jean--all but 1. And that's a lot of pots and pans as I ended up with 16 pieces plus a dish towel and spoon (we've used both of those already too)! I couldn't wait to get them home, I took them out of the boxes and rubbed my hands all over them right there in the store before I bought them. I was there for almost 2 hours checking each one out and deciding which ones I wanted most--I did open stock so was able to pick and choose which pieces I wanted/needed. It was SO much fun.

Jean said...

I'm glad you like them. Sounds like you got a once in a lifetime deal!