Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Ima Hippo Cr8

Well. Don't read the post directly below this one. It's totally been nullified and voidicated. I got TONS of GREAT stuff for Christmas and am SOOOO happy!

Let's just say we took 3 anemically packed pieces of luggage (one being a backpack) to Oklahoma and returned with 5 packed-to-bursting bags and duffels and a hat box. I had a BALL shopping with our Macy's gift cards--both on line and in person--sans kids mind you! Yee-haw!

Anne posted a "what did you get" and I loved reading through everyone's lists...so here's mine in a nutshell.

socks, mortar and pestle, cowgirl hat, Privo shoes, 5 pairs of pants, 1 sweater, 2 blazers, 6 blouses, 4 t-shirts, 2 tank tops, 1 skirt, a purse and a clutch, Calpholon 12" pan, 4 new white towels, Swatch watch, slippers, 3 serving trays, pearl necklace, Pottery Barn shelves, pineapple corer/peeler, books, lotions, bubble bath, throw blanket, chip clips, chap sticks, paper and sticky notes, Dominican vanilla, 2 lbs Bayard's chocolates, money, Macy's gift cards

I'm sure there's more I've forgotten, but that's the bulk of it...there's so much behind each of these that makes them more than just "things" to me, but it'd take forever for me to write and you'd lose interest in reading all the vignettes and poignant episodes and my flowery descriptions of the verbal interchanges and non-verbals that made each of these items so special to me this year, so I'll just leave your mouth gaping open at my burgeoning list (oh yeah, there is still Macy's gift card money to spend!)

3 comments:

heather said...

i was wondering if you were going to own up to your 'stuff' in light of your previous post. i'm so glad you got spoiled (pronouned like "bowl," not "boil") rotten.

anne said...

I can't wait to see all your new stuff! Feel free to show it off any time... :)

Jean said...

How fun! :)