Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The first flap


Ohhhhh...I've got the first chap-flap of the season.

You know, when your lips get chapped and you get that really big, hard chunk of lip skin that your front teeth are instinctively trying to grasp onto and rip off and leave a large, painful gaping hole of raw flesh exposed. That sticks up and gets caught every time you close your mouth our rub your lips together. That practically snags your tongue while you're talking.

It's taking all my willpower not to rip it off, but I know how painful it will be as soon as I do it. I keep putting on chap stick to help soften it, but I know it's there and every now and then I find my teeth creeping out to grasp the little flap.

"No, no don't do it", I scream inside my head. Think of the burning you will feel while trying to eat salt & vinegar potato chips around that gargantuan lip hole. Hot chocolate a little too hot straight onto raw, opened flesh-wound. Worse yet the dry, achey-cakey of trying to cover the hole with lipstick. Oh...resist! Resist!

Besides, we all know the little flap never tastes as satisfying and good as we think it will--even if it's Cherry flavor.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok...so I can totally relate to this. I'm always arguing with myself over eating my lips right off of my face.

And you definitely made me go "eeeww" at the end.

Cheeky said...

Yesssss...my goal is accomplished with the ending "shock" factor.

I did like a 1/2 rip as I was writing the post--didn't even realize I had done it. I grind my lips together while I am typing, apparently.

I love the "arguing with myself over eating my lips right off my face". It's so all-inclusive, isn't it? Or is there some weirdo out there who's like, "what are they talking about? I never get chapped lips and I certainly never bite off the hanging chad...I mean chap"?