Saturday, November 10, 2007

rilly random

Saturday night sees me in the parking lot of D&W using internet. What is up with my neighbors going away for the weekend and turning off their wireless? Is that why it's not working? I don't get it.

Sigh.

I left the house with bloodcurdling screams propelling me to the quiet of my Odyssey. Oh Elli, how can I help you?

Made a snack for tonight's CD-less release party. I made 100 pigs in a blanket, which cost us a total of $5.50. I love deals! The live music at the party was fantastic--so fun. I couldn't believe I attended a church that would throw a CD release party--how cool are we? I just told my parents there was an after-church pot-luck--they just don't get our generation.

Our kids are growing--as in out of their shoes. Elli got a pair of fuzzy pink boots for her birthday, Liam needed new sneaks, and needs new winter boots. He's 4 and wears size 12--the next size is boys/mens sizes. Gulp. Little dude isn't so little anymore.

Had the best time every with my friend Roxy at the zoo. It was moviesque to watch our kids play, talk, and interact with each other. Say goodbye as if they had always been and would always be best buds. Picking up where we left off and talking a million miles a minute the entire time and turning a 12 minute zoo into a 2 hour epic story-telling session of each others' lives to date. Rox, you are just the best!

Sparkly jeans are out for the season. Had to wear them tonight and masquerade as a rock-star. Someone asked me if Dan was singing tonight, and I said "no". I was really sad at that realization. I hope work/life slows down a bit so he can sing again--I didn't realize how much I miss seeing him on stage and singing along with him as he leads worship. He really knows how to worship God--something I hope to one day attain to.

Brrr..it's getting really cold in here. I can't spare gas to run the car/heater while I type, so I guess I'll end here. Goodnight cosmic void.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved Elli's boots tonight!! They are so stinkin' cute!

And hysterical that you said it was an after church potluck. Andy was saying at the end of the night that it was the closest we've ever come to such a thing...I do miss the good ol' Baptist potlucks.

Jean said...

I agree. VERY cute boots.. I do think she jumps higher in them and her dance moves...need I say more? :)

I think the only thing that would've made it a Baptist potluck would've been a casserole of some type.

Those pigs in a blanket were gone waaaaaay before anything else. Thank you times infinity (I know it's cheesy), but thank you so very much for taking the time to make those.

Cheeky said...

I know--the best foods ever can be found at a potluck. And where else can you throw together rice Krispie treats in exchange for an awesome home-cooked smorgashbord? (I have no idea how to spell that word...)

Fun night all!